Dr Dean Ornish
For over 35 years, Dr. Dean Ornish’s series of scientific research studies have been empowering the way millions of people think about the simple lifestyle choices they make each day in dynamic relation to their health & wellbeing. From being a revolutionary thought leader, a powerful professor, a beloved author and respected advisor to some of the worlds most powerful leaders, Dr. Dean Ornish is resoundingly recognized as a leader in health, healthcare and medicine and is considered "the father of lifestyle medicine".
Dean Ornish, M.D. is a revolutionary thought leader in healthcare and medicine, proving through his years of research studies that comprehensive lifestyle changes can improve chronic conditions and transform lives.
- First to prove that even severe coronary heart disease may be reversed in both women and men by comprehensive lifestyle changes
- First to prove that the progression of early-stage prostate cancer may often be slowed, stopped, or even reversed by comprehensive lifestyle changes
- First to prove that changing lifestyle affects gene expression in men with prostate cancer
- First to prove that changing lifestyle lengthens telomeres, the ends of our chromosomes that control aging, in the first controlled study over time showing that any intervention may begin to reverse aging on a genetic level
- Currently directing the first randomized trial to determine if comprehensive lifestyle changes may stop or reverse the progression of early-stage Alzheimer’s disease.