The Herbal Alliance is a community of herbal organisations and herbalists with a shared aim of promoting and supporting herbal medicine and herbalists.
Any member of a Practitioner Association or Independent Herbalist sharing their principles is invited to join in the activities and projects of The Herbal Alliance. The Herbal Alliance is currently facilitated by a collection of Community Action Teams (CATs), with volunteer representatives from eight Practitioner Associations, discussing key issues facing Education, Research, Supply and Communications.
THEY HAVE FOUR AIMS:
- Heal the herbal community through collaboration and shared principles
- Empower individual herbalists by acting as one community
- Enhance visibility with a unified voice
- Cooperate to address the Nature and Health crises.
THEY HAVE EIGHT PRINCIPLES:
- They are believers in helping all herbalists and the profession thrive
- They gain inspiration from Nature for developing our culture as a living system
- They integrate vitalistic and scientific worldviews
- They are committed to positively impacting people, plants and planet